- BUILT: 2013
- PORT OF EMBARKATION: Coca, Ecuador
- VESSEL’S REGISTRY: Ecuador
- TYPE OF VESSEL: River Expedition Vessel
- LENGTH: 148 feet / 45 m
- BEAM: 30 feet / 9 m
- DRAFT: 5 feet / 1.5 m
- GROSS TONNAGE: 280 tons
- CRUISIN GSPEED: 12 knots
- ELECTRICITY: 110 / 220 volts
- ENGINES: 2 John Deere 435 HP Marine Engines
- GENERATOR RS: 2 x 80 KVA John Deere. (Encapsulated for noise reduction)
- WATER: 10000-liter water treatment plant
- SAFETY: GPS tracking by the Ecuadorian Navy, Radio communication with separate battery pack, satellite phone, life jackets, flares and signals, fire extinguishers, sprinklers and smoke detectors in each cabin, automatic defibrillator on board.
- LAUNCH BOATS: Three fiberglass ecologic canoes equipped with four-stroke low emission engines; constant radio communications with the main vessel. Each canoe has a capacity of 30 passengers
- CREW: 25, including a purser, paramedic, 4 English-speaking naturalist guides, 4 native guides, Captain, concierge and crew members.
ACCOMMODATION: Up to 40 passengers with 18 Suites:
- 4 Deluxe Suites with balconies
- 14 Standard Suites (4 interconnected)
- – All outside-facing with large panoramic windows
- – All in-suite sitting areas
- – All with air conditioning system
SUITES FEATURES: Full sized beds that can be converted to a queen-sized bed, bathroom with shower, toilet, sink, cabinet, hairdryer and a basket of toiletries Hot water available 24-hours
SOCIAL AREAS: Bar-Lounge / Conference room
- Indoor Dining Room
- Outside Lounge with “al fresco” dining facilities
- Spacious sundeck with two outdoor Jacuzzis and lazy chairs
The Anakonda Amazon River Cruise is the only luxury cruise liner in the Ecuadorian Amazon Rainforest. Its 18 suites each with an area of 215-258 square feet, are equipped with air conditioning and 24-hour electricity, each with a private bathroom with hot water and all necessary amenities, allowing our guests to enjoy their cruise with nothing to worry about. To accommodate families, Anakonda offers four interconnected suites.
Passengers can socialize in the dining room, bar, observation deck with outdoor Jacuzzi, and in the al fresco lounge. There is also a small boutique where one can purchase souvenirs, or perhaps some vanity products that may have been left behind at home. Our guests will be assisted by our 25-person crew, including a concierge, purser, paramedic, 4 skilled nature guides, and 4 local guides.
Travelers on board the Anakonda Amazon Cruises will enjoy a wide variety of national and international fusion cuisine. We take traditional and well-known cuisine from all over the world and adapt it using fresh, local products. It’s not unusual for our guests to enjoy unique fare such as Quinoa Risotto or fish prepared in coconut sauce.
The Anakonda Amazon River Cruise operates year round. Every trip is unique, based on the changing seasons. During the high water season, when the water levels of rivers and inlets grow, launch boats are able to venture deeper into the flooded forest. During the low water season, the river recedes to form beautiful sandy river beaches.
The Anakonda Amazon River Cruise departs from the port city of El Coca, Ecuador. Coca has 3 daily flights from Quito, Ecuador’s capital. The flights are 45 minutes.