La Perla is a boat conceived with the comfort in mind of a traveler who wants to enter the heart of the Amazon jungle, arriving at virgin spots that possess their own magic. Its small draft allows to visit places that are difficult to access and where not all the boats can navigate.
Auxiliary boats with outboard motor are the ideal complement to reach the most remote areas of the Amazon, allowing you to navigate to lagoons, narrow canals, streams, and flooded forests.
Upon arrival at the airport, we will be waiting for you to take you to DoubleTree by Hilton Iquitos hotel, where you will receive the first orientation talk on the adventure you are about to begin. Then, we will head in a private vehicle to the city of Nauta, the historical fluvial port where we will be boarding.
At dawn, we will take a boat to go back, silently, to the Communal Reserve of Yanayacu de Yacapana and observe the beautiful Amazon birds that fill the bushy treetops: parrots, macaws, among many others. We will also see sloths (lazy bears), iguanas, monkeys and, of course, the pink and red dolphins which have made this place so popular. A true natural scenery of color and life in the heart of the rainforest.
The early morning hours have a special feeling to connect ourselves with the rainforest and are a unique opportunity to do some birdwatching. In this third morning, we have programmed for you a boat outing before breakfast. This time, our destination will be Marayali river stream, a privileged area for birdwatching numerous endangered species. Back aboard, buffet breakfast will be served and will be followed by an exploration outing in the Pahuachiro area, another gem to appreciate Amazon biodiversity.
After the buffet breakfast on board La Perla, we will proceed to disembark in Nauta to head to Iquitos. On the way, we will visit the Amazon Rescue Center (CREA), where biologists and volunteers take care of animals that have been saved from illegal trafficking, among them, the endearing manatees, which are aquatic mammals dangerously threatened by hunters. In this place, are the specimens that the authorities have been able to rescue and are in the process of preparing for their reinsertion into their natural environment. Here you can learn more about their characteristics, the risks they face (such as the deterioration of their habitats and wildlife trafficking) and, best of all, play with them a bit as they are very friendly.
- All meals while onboard La Perla.
- All excursions & equipment (including rubber boots & rain ponchos).
- Transfers from/to the airport on the recommended flights. In case the passengers stay in Iquitos city hotels– please inform the sales & reservations department to coordinate the pick-up or drop off service (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Entrance fee to Pacaya Samiria National Reserve Natural juices, coffee, tea, and water during meals.
- Domestic flights
- Cost of medical emergencies (including evacuation). GRATUITIES. We recommend an amount in the range of USD 10 per passenger per night for the crew (to be divided among all the crew members) and USD 5 per passenger per night for the guides.
- * Please note that these amounts are suggested and that this is entirely at the discretion of our guests.
- Any additional transportation services.
- Any additional bar consumptions.
- Year of manufacture 2003.
- Renovation year 2016.
- Calling port Nauta, Iquitos – Peru.
- Registered in Peru.
- Type of vessel River cruise ship.
- Length 42.00 m2.
- Beam 09.00 m2.
- Draft 1.70 m / 0,5 ft.
- Gross tons 604.81.
- Speed 08 knots.
- Electrical power 110 / 220 volts.
- Main engines 1 Caterpillar marine engine of 322 HP.
- Generators 2 Caterpillar 95 Kw electric generators. 1 45 Kw generator.
- Water treatment system Water reatment system of 6000 liters.
- Radio communication, life jackets, flare signals, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors in each cabin, onboard,