Sailing the Peruvian Amazon Jungle on board yacht La Perla is to experience the authentic Rainforest; feel the magic of a unique adventure that will take you to discover virgin and unexplored lands on a journey that will connect you directly with the essence of the mysterious Amazon. The yacht’s expert naturalist guides on board La Perla are the best hands to take to discover the infinity of the Peruvian Amazon; leading as you feel the culture and the Amazonian life in your own skin.
La Perla cruise
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeAmazon Cruises, Guided Tours, Jungle, Wildlife
- Activity Level Challenging
The comfort of the cabins with large windows and private facilities will surely give you a feel of a comfortable sailing-hotel with everything you need at hand; enjoy the Jungle while resting on its beautiful sun-deck and enjoy exquisite Peruvian and international cuisine with professional and friendly crew. The outdoor hammock area of La Perla is a unique place where you can feel the caress of the Amazonian air in your face. Breathing becomes an inexplicable experience in a space dedicated to relaxation and contemplation a space where you can let yourself go in the confines of a land that seems to never end, while the movement of the waters cradles you.
- All meals
- Tea, coffee, water, sodas, natural juices & national beers, plus house wine with meals
- Accommodation in double cabins
- Excursions as described in the itinerary
- Swimming with dolphins (optional)
- Bilingual naturalist guide
- National Park entrance fees
- Other alcoholic & bottled beverages
- International airfares
- Domestic airfares
- Airport taxes
- Cost of medical emergencies including evacuation
- Souvenirs or additional services
- Travel insurance
- Cost of meals in Lima
- Cost of relevant visas
- Anything else not listed as included
- River Cruise Itinerary 3N: Day 1: IQUITOS/ NAUTA/ AMAZON RIVER
- Airport pick-up and boarding. Our team and transferred will pick you up by bus to our private port in Nauta, where the boarding will take place.
- Begin navigating and the explanation of the history of the origin of the Amazon. While La Perla begins its tour of the Marañón River, our naturalist guides will explain the history of the origin of the Amazon River as you gaze at the panoramic view of the river that our deck offers.
- First lunch on board. We will enjoy the first dining experience on board ∙First informative talk. Our guides will meet with you where they will explain the particularities of the trip and the places that are going to be visited.
- Boat trip to the Yanayacu communal reserve of Yacapana. We will go out in search of wild life by the Yanayacu communal reserve of Yacapana, where we will be able to see the biggest aquatic plants of the world, Victoria Regia, as well as many species of birds, iguanas, sloths and even pink dolphins. At nightfall we will also search for caimans, owls and capybaras.
- Welcome dinner and live show. The first dinner on board will be an experience for the palate, combining the freshest food from the Amazon rainforest. After dinner, we will enjoy a concert performed by the boat band and accompany your music with some delicious cocktails.
- Reading about the origins of the Amazon. After dinner, our guides will invite you to a reading about the origins of the world’s largest river.
* Our team is prepared to attend any special nutritional needs. Notify your crew about preferences in advance so that we can offer you the best alternative.
- Day 2 AMAZON RIVER/ YARAPA RIVER/ UCAYALI RIVER/ VISTA ALEGRE
- Early wake up with a serenade. We will start the day early to enjoy a unique scene, the dawn over the waters of the Amazon River. After that, we will make a small excursion in which we will observe the birds of the communal reserve of Yanayacu de Capana.
- Breakfast on board. After the tour, we will return to La Perla to enjoy the most important meal of the day, breakfast, while the cruise continues towards the Ucayali River.
- Excursion in search of wildlife. We will go on an excursion in which we will explore the Yarapa River, looking for wildlife.
- Return to La Perla for lunch. We will enjoy a delicious lunch on board and spend some time relaxing on board. ∙Geographical orientation and brief talk about the Amazon. Our naturalist guides will give a brief talk about Amazonian culture and geography.
- Visit to Vista Alegre Butterfly Farm. We will do a small excursion in which we will discover everything about the Amazonian butterflies; beings that have a surprising relevance in the life of the Amazon.
- Dinner on board and live music. We will finish the day off with a delicious dinner on board and enjoy a live music concert.
- Night tour. We will embark on a boat trip in search of alligators, snakes, tarantulas, scorpions, anacondas, nocturnal monkeys and other Amazonian species.
- Day 3 UCAYALI RIVER/ MARAÑON RIVER/ PACAYA SAMIRIA NATIONAL RESERVE
- Navigating the black waters of the Yarapa River. We will embark on a trip along the Yarapa River in search of wildlife.
- Return on board for breakfast. Enjoy a delicious breakfast on board La Perla.
- Walk through the jungle. After breakfast we will hike through the jungle, learning about medicinal plants and looking for beings from the Amazon such as tarantulas, toads, spiders and many specimens. We will take advantage of the excursion to learn about survival in the jungle.
- Live music and dinner. Back on board we will be greeted with live music. Then an exquisite dinner will be served which will give you to a time for relaxation and contemplation of the landscape.
- Day 4 PACAYA SAMIRIA NATIONAL RESERVE/ MARAÑON RIVER/ NAUTA/ IQUITOS
- Breakfast on board. Enjoy a full breakfast on board.
- Check-out and departure to the airport. After breakfast, we will check out and we will travel to Iquitos by bus.
- Visit to the Amazon Manatee Rescue Center. We will stop at the Amazon Manatee Rescue Center, where we will see these beautiful animals close-up.
- Visit to the city of Iquitos. We will enjoy a brief tour of the city, discovering the highlights of the rubber boom era, such as the Iron House or the Belen Market.
- Arrival at the airport and return flight.
- Itinerary 3N: Day 1: MARAÑÓN RIVER / UCAYALI RIVER / PACAYA SAMIRIA NATURAL RESERVE
The guides will be expecting your arrival at the airport with a Jungle Experiences sign for your transfer to Nauta to board the cruise M/V La Perla. As you enter into your cabin, which will be full equipped with everything you need, you will feel how this lifetime trip is about to start. The navigation will initiate in the Marañon River to the confluences of the Marañon and Ucayali rivers where the majestic Amazon begins. We suggest to take a time to go to the observation deck and enjoy the amazing panoramic view, the guides will be explaining the story of the Amazon’s origin.
After getting familiar with your new environment, you will be invited to the dining room for lunch, where you will experiment our exquisite regional gastronomy, a delicious flavor celebration. Later, our guides will provide a general briefing about the trip itinerary, activities, routes, wildlife and vegetation. Our guides will be attentive to help you with any question you might have.
After lunch, you will visit the Samiria Reserve to observe the Charapas turtles. Later at night, an excursion will be offered for searching wildlife in the Amazon.
Back to the ship our naturalist guides will share more information and enrich the experiences of the day. You will be able to enjoy the local music followed by an exquisite dinner.
- Day 2 PACAYA SAMIRIA NATURAL RESERVE / SAN REGIS
This morning, you will explore Yanayacu de Pucate and enjoy a picnic breakfast in the Pacaya Samiria Natural Reserve accompanied by nature. Some pink dolphins might enrich the panorama. Also, it’s possible to observe blue and yellow macaws, toucans and different types of monkeys. You will have a canopy walk where we will look for wildlife and enjoy the breathtaking view.
After lunch on board a ceremony will be held with shamans in St. Regis will take place, where you will learn about the ancient secrets of the rainforest. Later, you will be part of the tree planting ceremony.
Before dinner, a reception with live music will be held by the ship band. In the warm night, you can be part of the boat ride through Nauta Creek within Pacaya Samiria Natural Reserve which is known as the mirrored forest, which makes perfect sense as you gaze upon its glistening black water where you can observe lizards, frogs and different kinds of nocturnal animals.
- Day 3 PACAYA SAMIRIA NATURAL RESERVE / NAUTA
After a delicious breakfast, we head for the black water stream of San José de Zarapanga called Shiriyacu to fish piranhas, using traditional and local techniques, you will be surprised by the many ways there is to fish.
We will visit Kukama Prado village to learn about ancient traditions and medicine used by the ancestors; in the Peruvian Amazon are different types of traditional medicine that maybe you have not heard before. Then, you will be part of a cooking demonstration, where you can learn about local techniques and the variety of vegetables and dishes that exists in the Peruvian Amazon.
In the afternoon, a boat excursion will be offer before sunset in the Amazon River, where we can hear the sounds of wildlife, colors and symphony. At the same time, we will look for caymans, frogs, tarantulas, snakes and anacondas.
After dinner, our naturalist guides will introduce the crew members whom you may not have met, as they have been busy “behind the scenes” to create your seamless Jungle Experience.
Standard cabins (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14)
Superior Cabins (1.2.13)
Amazon View Cabins (3,4)
River cruise ship = 14 Cabins
- 09 Standard Cabins
- 03 Superior Cabins
- 02 Amazon View cabins
- Cabins with exterior view and Windows, all the cabins have A/C and private bathroom.
- Standard cabins of 14 m2 / 151 sq ft with two twins beds or one queem bed and private bathroom with shower.
- Amazon View cabins of 16 m2 / 173 sq ft with one Queen bed or King bed and private bathroom with shower. Access the balconie.
- Superior cabins of 20 m2 / 215 feet with two Twins beds convertible in Californian King size and private bathroom with shower.Cabin with possibility to accommodate an extra bed. Ideal for families.
The cabins are equipped with desk, wardrobe, chest of drawers, dresser, hairdryer and amenities basket The cabins have smoke detectors and hot water 24 hours a day.
- Outdoor lounge
- Indoor Lounge
- Dinning room
- Observation Deck
- Outdoor hammocks
Owner / Operator
Type of boat