Stash Tea introduces Guayusa… Energy from Ecuador
Stash Tea, one of the largest specialty tea companies in the USA, announces the release of eight great-tasting new loose leaf teas made with a rare, naturally caffeinated herbal tea known as Guayusa. The teas are available exclusively online and at Stash Tea’s Portland, Oregon area store.
Guayusa is a stimulating herb native to the Amazon rainforest of Ecuador where it has been part of the Amazonian culture and cultivation for over 2000 years. The tea has traditionally been enjoyed by the indigenous families of Ecuador and treasured for its unique balance of caffeine, antioxidants, vitamins and amino acids.
The purchase of Guayusa supports small farmers in Ecuador and it helps the Amazon rainforest thrive, as Guayusa is shade-grown.
Guayusa is naturally caffeinated and has an energizing effect similar to coffee or Yerba Mate, but unlike coffee or Yerba Mate, Guayusa provides a slow release of caffeine for alertness and energy, without the jitters or sudden caffeine crash.
Guayusa is delicious. It has a naturally smooth taste, is never bitter, and has a rich and earthy aroma and slightly sweet finish. Stash offers a Pure Guayusa loose leaf tea as well as seven signature blends:
- Guayusa and Green Tea: Smooth Guayusa is complemented by green tea in a pleasing blend. Antioxidant-rich and rejuvenating.
- Guayusa and Chocolate Tea: Velvety cocoa combines with refreshing Guayusa for a brew that’s rich and stimulating.
- Guayusa and Chai Tea: Ecuador meets India in an aromatic blend of smooth Guayusa and spicy Chai.
- Guayusa and Ginseng Oolong Tea: A sweet and mellow blend that is balanced and rejuvenating.
- Guayusa and Yerba Mate: Guayusa and Yerba Mate are paired for an invigorating blend that is sure to awaken your senses.
- Guayusa and Black Tea: Yunnan black tea has been paired with stimulating Guayusa to create a wonderful morning blend.
- Guayusa and Rooibos Tea: Rooibos is blended with smooth Guayusa for a slightly sweet and fruity herbal blend.